1. Application – A Rezoning Application must be completed and returned to the Community Development Department at least 20 days prior to the scheduled Planning Commission date. A copy of the deed and seven (7) copies of the plat must be submitted with the completed application. The rezoning fee shall be determined as follows:
Rezoning Fees Residential – $105.00 plus $11.50 per acre (maximum $1,230) Planned Development – $120.00 plus $11.50 per acre (maximum $2,260) Commercial/Industrial – $180.00 plus $17.50 per acre (maximum $2,370)
There is no additional charge for annexation. It is covered under the rezoning fee.
2. Planning Commission – The Planning Commission meets the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month. The application deadline is 20 days prior to each meeting. The applicant, or an agent, should attend the Commission hearing to answer questions. The Commission will vote on a recommendation to the City Council. The recommendation will be to approve, to approve with conditions, or to deny the request.
3. Public Hearing/1st Reading at the City Council – At the earliest possible date, the City Council will hold a public hearing on the rezoning/annexation. The Council meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. The applicant, or an agent, should attend the public hearing.
4. 2nd Reading at the City Council – If approved, the rezoning/annexation must be read a second time at the next Council meeting.
5. Final – After the 2nd reading, the rezoning/annexation is official. The City of Perry Zoning Map will be updated to reflect the zoning change. Due to notification requirements, the rezoning/annexation process lasts approximately 60 days.
Fire Fighters are selected under the Classified Service System of the City of Perry. Applicants will be subject to actions of the Personnel Director and Hiring Board who will:
Test, interview, examine and pass on the qualifications of all persons who desire employment with the Fire Department;
Satisfactory completion of a voice stress or polygraph examination;
Cause a thorough investigation to be made of the character, experience, background, physical fitness including a physical readiness test of the applicant;
Investigate all police records, all previous employment, past places of residence, personal habits, military records, educational background and other areas deemed pertinent;
Require a complete physical examination at City expense, including a drug screening.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS WHEN APPLICATION IS MADE:
A high school education or its equivalent as recognized by the Georgia Department of Education. (Minimum GED score of 45 per section – total 225). A copy of which must be included with the application when submitted.
Minimum age limit for Fire Fighter Certification is eighteen (18) years old at the time of application. This is necessary so that you are certifiable by the Georgia Fire Standards and Training Council to satisfy our hiring requirements.
Pass the required Physical Readiness Test and Physical Examination.
Willing to work in harmony and on any shift assigned.
Must be a U.S. citizen.
Must have a valid Georgia Driver’s License.
Must live or be able to relocate to within 27.5 miles of city limits prior to the end of the twelve (12) month probationary period.
The City of Perry welcomes you as an applicant for a position with the Fire Department, but if you cannot meet or abide by the above stated conditions and/or requirements, we suggest you do not complete a formal application, as exceptions cannot be meet by you.
Acceptance of this Graphics and Logo Usage Agreement is subject to the following terms:
Any unauthorized use of the Perry Brand and associated creative elements is strictly prohibited. The Perry Brand and associated creative elements may not be used for any commercial purpose without prior approval by City of Perry.
– You must adhere to all requirements and standards found in the “Perry Graphic Brand Standards” document.
– You may not use the Perry Brand, images, or graphics in any manner that may possibly disparage, bring into disrepute, or derogate the City of Perry or City of Perry partners.
– You may not alter the appearance of the Perry Brand logo and tagline. The log and tagline must stand by itself so as to avoid unintended associations with any other objects, including, without limitation, type, photographs, illustrations, borders, and edges. You may not use the logo and tagline as a feature or design element or incorporate it into any other logo or brand.
– You may not use the Perry Brand, logo, tagline, etc. in any manner that implies sponsorship or endorsement.
– You may not use the Perry Brand in any way that discriminates against any person or denies persons with equal access to services, programs, activities, education and employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, disability, or age.
– The City of Perry reserves the right to prohibit any and all usage of the Perry Brand and associated creative elements without prior notice and/or explanation.
Clicking “I Agree” will take you to the Creative Elements page where you can access and download the various Perry Brand creative elements.