In August 2010 The City of Perry was awarded a revolving loan grant funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 to assist Perry property owners with energy efficiency improvements. To date the loan program has been a success with providing a low interest loan for residential properties.
There currently is funding available for homeowners who are in need of any of the following energy efficient improvements:
- Additional insulation
- Attic Radiant Barrier
- Central Air Conditioning Systems (15 Seer or higher)
- Central Heating
- Duct Leak Repair
- Ductless Mini-Split System
- ENERGY STAR® Front Loading Clothes Washers
- ENERGY STAR® Programmable Thermostats
- ENERGY STAR® Refrigerators
- ENERGY STAR® Water Heater Replacement
- Weatherization (caulking/weather-stripping)
PLEASE NOTE REPLACEMENT WINDOWS AND ROOFS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE LOAN.
Further information on the program can be obtained by contacting the City of Perry Community Development Department at 478.988.2720 or via email at email@example.com