The City of Perry has been designated a PlanFirst Community by the Georgia Department of Community Affairs. As a way of recognizing and rewarding communities for excellence in community planning and carrying out said plans, the PlanFirst designation is an acknowledgement by the State of Georgia that the City of Perry has developed, adopted, and implemented exemplary community plans that incorporate the desires and needs of the community with a focus on the future.
Mayor and Council, with assistance from City of Perry staff and partner organizations, have done a truly excellent job of developing realistic, viable community plans such as the City of Perry Strategic Plan and the Joint Comprehensive Plan for Houston County and Cities of Centerville, Perry, and Warner Robins. The City of Perry is committed to implementing and working these plans, striving to make the City of Perry a better place through comprehensive improvement efforts. Most importantly, these plans are a product of the people and business of Perry and each was created with significant public input and engagement. Some examples of projects completed through the City’s planning efforts:
- The construction and operation of the Davis Farm Fire Station
- City-wide replacement of street lights with LED lights
- Development and implementation of the new City of Perry Brand “Where Georgia comes together”
- Extension of the City of Perry trail system
- Housing improvements in the Sand Hill neighborhood
- Implementation of curbside recycling
- Development of City of Perry business marketing and recruitment package
- Completion of a city-wide housing assessment
- Planning and development of new city parks, including Heritage Park, Crossroads Park, and Legacy Park
Participation in the PlanFirst Program lasts for three (3) years and through the City of Perry’s participation the community will be able to take advantage of numerous benefits and incentives including statewide recognition, the ability to apply for Community Development Block Grant
(CDBG) funding every year as opposed to every other year, preferential consideration pertaining to DCA programs, focused assistance from DCA in implementing community programs, and cost savings on community infrastructure projects.
The City of Perry is growing and thriving. Thanks to Perry’s progressive and visionary leadership and focus on planning we will be able to harness this growth in moving the community forward.
For more information please contact Mr. Robert Smith, Economic Development Director with the City of Perry, at (478) 988-2757 or via email at email@example.com.