Run Big, Shop Small: A Virtual Race to Support Downtown Perry Businesses
Small businesses are the backbone of the American economy and as our local businesses work to reopen their doors, the Perry Main Street Program and the City of Perry are collaborating together to host our first "Run Big, Shop Small" Virtual Race to offer support to the small businesses that make Historic Downtown Perry a vibrant place!
A portion of the proceeds from every "Run Big, Shop Small" Virtual Race registration will be donated to the Perry Main Street Program, whose mission is to promote a thriving downtown business district while preserving Perry’s historic resources and character. We invite you to run or walk the distance of your choice and be a part of this unique virtual event that promotes a sense of community while encouraging safe social distancing practices. Runners and walkers of all fitness levels are welcome!
Your $30 Official Registration Includes:
- Run Big, Shop Small Oversized Medal
- Custom Race Bib
- Run Big, Shop Small T-shirt
- Swag Bag from Event Partners
(Available at the in-person packet pickup only,
while supplies last)
Participants will be able to pick up their race packet in-person
in Historic Downtown Perry prior to July 17. Additional
information will be sent in the coming weeks.
How to Participate
1. Register to participate and pledge to complete the distance of your
choice from the following options: 1 Mile, 5k (3.1 Miles), 10k (6.2 Miles)
or Half Marathon (13.1 Miles)
2. Select a course! You can choose to complete your virtual race almost
anywhere - from indoors at your home or a gym to outdoors in your
neighborhood or even Historic Downtown Perry itself!
3. Set a date! You can complete your walk or run on the date of your choice
(We encourage participation during the weeks of (July 18-26)
3. Run responsibly! We want everyone to have a safe and enjoyable
4. Registration will be capped at 300 participants. Please register early
to ensure you are able to participate!
5. Don’t forget to share your race experience by posting your photos
to the Facebook Event and by tagging us @shopdowntownperry and